Mechanical Design Engineer Jobs in Vadodara
Position Name – Mechanical Design Engineer
Total Openings – 2 Male
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
Qualification – Mechanical Engineer
Company – Manufacturing Company
Salary – up to 60k – Depends on Experience or Interview
Experience – 5+ years of experience required as Mechanical AutoCAD Design Engineer or Mechanical SolidWorks Designer
Skills & Job Descriptions
- Proficiency in common design software, such as AutoCAD LT, Solid Works and 2D 3D
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 is essential.
- Knowledge of ASME/ASTM/API standards is preferred.
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications and other customer documentation and prepare technical documentation (General Arrangement Drawings (GAD) and Detailed Manufacturing Drawings etc.)
- Provide measurements, dimensions and write additional instructions & comments and position them into technical drawings and blueprints to help complete the project.
- Maintain, enhance and apply both design and technical knowledge ensuring production of high-quality drawings.
- Use design software to develop models and drawings of new products.
- Draft bill of material from drawing and establish a filing system for drawings.
- Study existing designs and come up with possible design solutions keeping in mind usability, durability and safety of a design.
- Conduct research on new valve designs, changes to existing designs and solutions to design problems.
- Analyze current manufacturing/machining methods used within the company and develop steps and processes to improve them.
- Develop new designs and help in preparing test prototypes. Estimate cost limits and budgets for new designs.
-Collect and analyze data from tests on valve prototypes. Discuss with design manager regarding possible solutions. Modify designs and retest them with test/QC team.
- Work with engineers on guidelines for installation drawings and establish filing guidelines for drawings, machining drawings.
Coordinate with Production Planning Manager/QC Manager/Design Manager on drawing to revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes.